Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Look of a Lifetime

A person's wedding day is such a  memorable magical day. It is one of those "once in a lifetime" moments and being part of someone's BIG day is such a honor and blessing. Long after the cake is eaten and last song played....the photos and mementos live on in scrapbooks and keepsake boxes. 

I don't think I truly realized the importance of those details until my own wedding was finished. Last week, we received our pictures from our wedding photographer. Looking through those pictures was like a time warp back to our day. Suddenly, I was transported to the moment I walked down the aisle with my dad by my side.... or was looking at my husband and saying the most important words of our lives..... or dancing the night away with my closest family and friends. Those pictures took me back to that day and they will for the rest of my life. 

The photos left me wanting more and I found myself pulling out the scrapbook to begin cropping, gluing, and organizing all my memories into neat little 12x12 pages. Thats when I saw "them" tucked away within all the madness of invoices, seating charts, and addresses....my save the date card and invitation. I remembered all the time spent finding the PERFECT card that captured the look and feel of the event I was planning. The time spent debating which one coordinated the best with the theme and which font was formal enough yet casual at the same time. I sat there looking at these two pieces of paper and then the lightbulb went off.....

I want to design and create wedding invitations. I want to capture a bride and groom's personality and the feel of their event on paper. I want to have a hand in creating one of the mementos that will survive the test of time and be a reminder of the couple's special day. Although some may think its just paper, I see all of a bride's vision and planning on a 5x7 card.

The first step was researching the various paper products available to make the highest quality product possible. I ordered the most beautiful linen and pearlescent card stock along with pocket folds to wrap each individual invitation. The linen paper is classy and slightly textured which makes it perfect for a modern style invite. The pearlescent is stunning. It has this incredible metallic sheen that makes all the ink vivid and rich. 

 I have had a blast creating and am slowly but surely getting each design uploaded to etsy.   Whimsical, traditional, vintage, modern.....I can create whatever you envision. 

Below are two pocket fold examples printed on pearlescent card stock with coordinating pearlescent pocket folds and envelopes:




The "Elegant Damask" invitation has a traditional feel with the damask and scroll embellishments. The colors are a rich gold, navy, and jade....perfect for a winter wedding!!!






The "Dancing Dandelion" invitation is perfect for the fun loving couple or a spring wedding. Colors can be coordinated to your event! Classy and fun!

http://LooseEndsBySarah.etsy.com

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Sarah! We will keep you in mind when we need invitations for Malachi's welcome home party! :) -Julie Simpson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... thanks Julie!!! I would LOVE to create something for you two!! I am so excited that Malachi is almost here...what a long and beautiful journey!

    ReplyDelete